"WOMAN IN TRACKSUIT PROBABLY NOT DISOWNED BY ENTIRE FAMILY"
"It’s mildly breezy outside."
King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land.
- It is NOT the same thing as being asexual, but often they go together. Aromantic means you don’t feel a drive to have a romantic relationship (but has nothing to do whether you feel sexual attraction), where as being asexual means you feel no sexual attraction (but may still want a romantic relationship).
- There are different degrees of aromanticism and that’s okay.
I am aromantic and I love shipping characters and seeing other people fall in love with each other in real life; however, I do not feel the need to have that for myself. In fact, I get rather uncomfortable at the thought of having a romantic relationship. It’s not caused by a bad relationship (I actually had a really good boyfriend who listened to me and treated me with respect) and I’m not damaged. It’s just the way I am.
But there are others who are uncomfortable with romance altogether (not just pertaining to themselves) too.
- If I hear “oh you’ll want a relationship eventually” or “you’ll want someone to hold you at night” or “what if you want kids someday” again I’m gonna scream. Also if I take any of those stupid facebook quizzes and they label me as very romantic simply because I have deep feelings about other things.
- I am not self-centered for having no desire to be in a romantic relationship. Just please shut up about it. Like right now.
- I know there’s a whole argument of “labels are stupid” vs. “labels help us self-actualize” right now, and here’s my take on it: even if all the different orientations confuse you, please acknowledge that romantic attraction is not the same thing as sexual attraction. And to deny people the opportunity to find out who they are by eliminating all the different kinds of orientations is going to hurt more people than it helps. Before I found out about aromanticism, I thought there was something wrong with me. But realizing that there is such a thing has made my life better and given me more self-confidence and self-awareness.
Love and death are the great hinges in which all human sympathies turn.
AND THEY EAT WHAT THEY LOVE: a collection of 13 instrumental pieces used in end credits of the second season of Hannibal. Composed by Brian Reitzell.
"You’re 6’4", 240-pound Marine, and you’re injured, and you need a Marine next to you to carry you back to safety, and the Marine next to you is a 5’4" woman who weighs 115 pounds,"
in before “well most women can’t do that” because NEWS FLASH most men can’t either, that’s why it’s a highly specialized career that requires a lot of devoted training
One of my former coworkers was a very slim girl only a tad taller than me, and she was training to be a fireman, and she could lift the biggest dude on my crew like this who was around 6’5 and super bulky.One time she picked him up and ran around the crew room with him for about 5 minutes before letting him down.
Even though I haven’t exercised in over a year—if you count DDR—and I’m incredibly petite (5’0”, 100 lbs), I can carry most guys. If they’re under 200 lbs, I can run with them on my back for 5 blocks, but I can walk for a mile. Once they’re about 250, I can only walk about a block or two before my spine feels like it’s about to break. If I were in a survival situation and their life depended on it, I could go on much further, until my legs gave out.
It’s why I hate the bullshit that women are inherently weak. Nah, man. Nah.
More power to you all because I can barely lift my five year old nephew without hating myself ten minutes later….
People have done studies of the military that demonstrate that with the same training for the same length of time, both men and women can achieve the same fitness level. They can carry as much, run as far, shoot as well, you name it. The idea that women are weaker than men is a total myth, and one that that the patriarchy is desperate to make us believe. (I wish I could give you a source for this but it’s been a while since I read it)
Murderers that cook: (✿ฺ◕ฺ‿ฺ◡ฺ)
Murderers that cook their victims: (✿✪ 益✪)ノ))｡₀: *ﾟ✲ฺβyё βyё✲ฺﾟ*:₀
i’m tired of people saying lesbians hate men. that’s such bullshit. you don’t have to be a lesbian to hate men. everyone hates men